Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Nudity And Television 5/19/2015

Good Morning,

How are you all today? My coffee is a fresh cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler. It goes down smooth and is just right with my morning devotional.

Comedian Phyllis Diller once said "there's so much nudity in films that this year's Oscar for clothing design will probably go to a dermatologist."

Modesty, is a word that I believe will soon be extinct in the dictionary. I am an older guy and not too old fashioned to understand the need for a swim suit or shorts. I really do believe people should wear underwear. but I don't believe that seeing a model or celebrity in theirs will persuade me to purchase one brand over the other. The commercials have gone from "Hey all under garments on sale this week" to models strutting their assets on stage leaving nothing to the imagination.

While we are on the subject I have been thinking of turning to a life of crime. I could easily rob most young men of their money and they couldn't catch an old dude like me because their pants will fall down. Come on guys, we are all tired of looking at your underwear. Be big boys and wear a belt. Pull up your pants.

Christians have a greater responsibility to dress in a modest way. As a Christian your behavior sets the tone for how others see you and your faith. Being modest in your appearance is just as great a witness to those around you as your words. One issue many non-Christians have with believers is that they tend to be hypocritical. If you are preaching purity and modesty to others while wearing revealing clothes you may be seen as a hypocrite. By being modest you allow people to see your inner faith rather than your outer appearance.
1 Peter 2:12 - "Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world." (NLT)

Well that's my blog for today. And I am sticking to it.

Have a fun day.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment