Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Love Lifted Me! 5/12/2015

Good Morning Friends.

I hear the coffee perking away as I write to you. Friends I want to wish you all a day of peace and contentment. My mug will eventually be filled with Door County Cherry Crème Coffee.

Yesterday morning while driving to work I was listening to my favorite morning radio station. It was early and it was during the time that they devote to traditional hymn music that I heard a hymn that I haven't listened to in a very long time.

Love Lifted Me. By James Rowe.

  1. I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
    Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more,
    But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry,
    From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
    • Refrain:
      Love lifted me!
      Love lifted me!
      When nothing else could help,
      Love lifted me!
  2. All my heart to Him I give, ever to Him I’ll cling,
    In His blessed presence live, ever His praises sing,
    Love so mighty and so true, merits my soul’s best songs,
    Faithful, loving service, too, to Him belongs.
  3. Souls in danger, look above, Jesus completely saves,
    He will lift you by His love, out of the angry waves;
    He’s the Master of the sea, billows His will obey,
    He your Savior wants to be, be saved today.
The first verse and the chorus take me back to a time long ago on a night in July when I was the one with the despairing cry. No where to turn, no hope, friends and family tried to help but couldn't. Then it happened. Love lifted me. Jesus was there and extended His hand. That same hand continues to lift me each and every day.

Matthew 11:28-30 Good News Translation (GNT)
28 “Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke and put it on you, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit; and you will find rest. 30 For the yoke I will give you is easy, and the load I will put on you is light.

To me Matthew 11:28-30 are the most important passages in Scripture. Those verses sent from above lifted me.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment