Monday, May 11, 2015

Climbing The Bluffs In Door County 5/11/2015

Good Morning,

I took a couple days away from writing to all of you so I could spend some family time with my wife Rene and her mother. So as I sip on my cup of Door County Coconut Crush Coffee my mind is still refreshed from having committed this rest and family time to the Lord. When I manage to do that, I always come back inspired and ready for the next small vacation.



2 Corinthians 12:9Good News Translation (GNT)
But his answer was: “My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak.” I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me.

We took three days together and were also able to join two very close friends for a great time in Door County Wisconsin. Door County is a beautiful place nestled on a long peninsula in Northern Wisconsin. It is comprised of many small bays and islands that comprise one of the most amazing spots on Lake Michigan. Each little town caters to tourists with different specialty foods, arts, crafts, coffee and wine. It is very quiet there and most peaceful.

While I was sitting beside the lake shore freezing, (it was very cold) I looked up and noticed the bluffs surrounding the bay that I was in. I saw a man and a lady climbing the bluff. They were struggling in the wind and half way up realized that they were not going to reach the top and proceeded to come down.

My focus then turned to the heavy waves rushing to the shore and then collapsing upon the sand, their journey had ended in futility.

Their are certain bluffs that only God can climb and only God can keep the waves rolling if He wants to. God has designed the plan of eternal salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. His birth, crucifixion, death, burial, and resurrection are the plan. Nothing can be added. Nothing can be earned. Nothing can be strived for. You cannot attain eternal life on your own. It is a bluff you cannot climb. It is a wave that you cannot keep rolling. People try, but it is no use. Savior of the world is not found in your job description. God's grace extended through Jesus is enough. Not only is it enough, it is the only way. It's all anyone needs. But it has to be accepted.

Revelation 3:20English Standard Version (ESV)
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Answer the call. stop relying on being able to climb "Mount I Did It Myself". Like the couple in Door County, you won't make it on your own. Why struggle?

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment