Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Smallest One With No Fear 5/5/2015

Good Morning,

This week has started with a bang. It's going to be one full of adventure, with God needing to balance this schedule for me. Coffee, coffee, coffee, just enough time for one big cup of Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle.

I am keeping with the theme of remembering many of those who have trod the short term mission field with me. For instance Mrs. Miller is one small little lady who if she is lucky weighs 90 pounds. She too, started as a teeny bopper in youth group where Rene and I were so blessed to be part of her life. From day one she was chomping at the bit to be allowed to go on a trip with the high school group. I like calling her Mrs. Miller now because she always swore that she was never getting married and would never have children. I am happy to say that she was wrong and of course I was right. And I know how to get under her skin. She has a hard time telling me I was right.

Mrs. Miller was and still is one of those people who just never fears anything. At a young age she was called for a month to travel the Amazon River ministering along the way to many, many people. This trip proved to be very hard on her as she suffered from  bacterial and parasite issues for a long time afterwards. Yet she was able to make it on another trip to Guatemala and she was still very ill. She tried to serve and did as much as she could until illness laid her low. I have no idea how many people Mrs. Miller has led to Jesus. I can't count that high. She still to this day shows no fear in the face of many adversities. Mrs. Miller trusts the Lord with all she has.

Psalm 23:4King James Version (KJV)
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

I understand that presenting the Gospel of Jesus to others can be an experience that causes fear in many. Now if this little lady can do it, straddle wooden joists to pay her way, fight with me in her sickness to let her go, anyone should be able to overcome the fear of sharing Jesus with others.  Best of all, our Lord goes with you at all times. What is there to fear?

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment