Thursday, May 28, 2015

Goodbye World 5/28/2015

Good Morning,

I have overfilled my cup with Door County Raspberry Butter Crunch Coffee. Now the game begins. Will I spill or won't I spill? That is the question.

Psalm 27:4King James Version (KJV)
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

I rode my bicycle last night before sunset and watched people walking their dogs, kids playing basketball, a dad trying to teach his son to catch a baseball and some others finishing their yard work.

Overall I have to say it was a lovely evening. All this took a walk in my mind and I had to admit it to myself that I was enjoying the evening. A nice sunset topped it off. I came home to Rene standing in the driveway holding a nice cold glass of lemonade for me. Nothing could be better than that I thought.

Then I recalled that as beautiful as the evening was, something better awaits us in heaven.
C.S. Lewis wrote "Has the world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind."

I saw a little bit of heaven on Earth last night. But deep down inside I can't imagine what waits ahead. I know this for sure. When I get there I want to meet the One who died for me.

Have a great day. Take a walk in the sunset.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment