Saturday, May 30, 2015

My Browning, My Dog, And Me

Good Morning,

My goodness, it is cold and rainy today. This reminds me of a cold day in November. I would be out duck hunting right now and would be thinking "perfect weather for a duck hunt". My thermos bottle would be filled with Door County Maple Coffee. By the way a full mug is sitting right next to me as I write.
It's funny how time just slips away and one season runs into the next. Before you know it you are in the autumn of your life. More funeral home advertisements arrive in the mail and everyone want to sell you a burial plot. They all tell you how nice they will make it for you when you pass away. I find that kind of funny. I won't be there. What is left of this relic of a body will be but I won't. So I don't really care how I look or what they bury me in. By that time I will have crossed the Fox River  my last time with my Browning shot gun, my dog and me. I have saved some dollars for the family to be cared for when I am gone some day. But what's most important is that I have my eternal reservation made like we all need to do. So someday when you pass by and my wife has me dressed in flannel holding a Bible and my duck calls don't look for me I won't be there. When they lay what's left into the ground I won't be there either.

Romans 10:13King James Version (KJV)
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.


Revelation 22:1-2New International Version (NIV)
22 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
 
Revelation 3:5   
The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

Yes, we’ll gather at the river,
The beautiful, the beautiful river;
Gather with the saints at the river
That flows by the throne of God.

Have a great day. Make sure to have your eternal paper work in order. See you at the river.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment