Sunday, May 17, 2015

Alive And Well 5/17/2015

Good Morning.

This is running late today. Last night was a long one. It was the first time in many years that I had to pull an "all nighter" at the hospital. Our project went almost perfect but this old body needs some Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee in a hurry and three Advil. I am not as good as I once was!

Song of Solomon 2:11-12              
For behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.

We have many flowering trees, shrubs and fruit trees that each spring have gifted us with what I call "blossom time". It is a time that I look forward to every year. It signals that winter is gone and that we  have a crop to look forward to. The property smells of lilacs. It is a pleasure to open our bedroom window. A lilac bush was planted right near my head. I go to sleep with a beautiful aroma and wake up with the same. It only lasts about a week and then I start watching for fruit on the other trees. I know January 1st is always the start of the New Year for the world. But this time of the year is my New Year. This small retreat seems to put the world on hold for a week and reminds me that even through all the calamity going on in the world I can see God at work in my own back yard and rest my soul with a cup of coffee, taking in the view and sweet aroma. My wife says that she thinks I hide in the back yard. Well. I do. I look at the trees and lilacs and remember being younger, planting those with my daughter and Rene and then waiting for them to bloom. So when I see the blossoms they always take my heart right to the planting team and I pause to say thank you for my family. I look to the apple trees and say thank you for the upcoming fruit and the family that helps us harvest each year.

So much to be thankful for and I never left our property!

Have a great morning. I did.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment