Thursday, May 14, 2015

Train Wrecks, Riots, Shootings And Earthquakes. 5/14/2015

Good Morning,

My day will run long into this evening. My coffee this morning is Door County Highlander Grog. Groggy seems to be the word I would use to describe my mind today.



I went of a bicycle ride last night in our neighborhood. In the distance I could hear a dog barking, geese honking and kids playing. People were walking and I stopped my ride long enough to chat with my neighbor and find out how her husband was feeling. He has been quite ill. When I returned home I watched our dog Gibbs run around the yard chasing the small birds who seemed to be teasing him by landing in his space. The apple blossoms are in bloom and the lilacs are giving off a sweet aroma. All seems well in my neighborhood. But miles away a train has crashed killing many people, a gun man shot and killed a young lady today only an hour from our house. Baltimore just finished living through tension that caused rioting and lawlessness. Nepal just suffered another earthquake. I have a friend who has family in Nepal. He hasn't heard from them in a long time.

Weekly a good friend of mine emails a few of us and asks us to send her our prayer requests. Of course personal requests are made. But this week I am just going to tell her that besides all the personal requests that will be sent to her, just watch the news  and pray for the world. If ever there was need for a country, a city, and a world to be in prayer it is now.

We need to ask God to intervene in the violence and lack of peace. Seems simple, not really. We need to be obedient to His laws and statutes. I believe that we are seeing that God loves us so much that He is allowing us to experience the things we would not take a stand against. If we condone evil it is a choice we made and He has told us that He would turn us over to our desires.
I have copied a short passage from the Bible found in Romans 1. I would highly suggest that all of us read the entire chapter of Romans 1.

Romans 1:28-32

28 Because those people refuse to keep in mind the true knowledge about God, he has given them over to corrupted minds, so that they do the things that they should not do. 29 They are filled with all kinds of wickedness, evil, greed, and vice; they are full of jealousy, murder, fighting, deceit, and malice. They gossip 30 and speak evil of one another; they are hateful to God, insolent,[b] proud, and boastful; they think of more ways to do evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no conscience; they do not keep their promises, and they show no kindness or pity for others. 32 They know that God's law says that people who live in this way deserve death. Yet, not only do they continue to do these very things, but they even approve of others who do them.

God bless, and make you think through this one.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment