Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Rag Doll. I Love You Just The Way You Are. 5/13/2015

Good Morning,

Before the thought escapes me, I want to let you know that you are loved. This morning started with a cold blast of Northern air coming through the door as I let our dog outside. That cold air just made my Door County Raspberry Butter Crunch Coffee taste even better.

I like all kinds of music. To say my taste in music is set on just on one genre would be totally incorrect. I will admit that it might be only one song or two that appeals to me in any certain style, but for the most part I can find a few songs in most styles that I will enjoy listening to. I do love traditional Gospel hymns and Country Gospel. I however, have a sweet tooth for the old Doo Wop music.

Last night while returning home from church I tuned my car stereo to Pandora and listened to some Doo Wop Oldies. The song Rag Doll by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons was played. The song tells the story about a rich boy who could not state his love for a poor girl. The people in town called her "Rag Doll". The boy sang "I love you just the way you are".

This song got me to thinking about God's love for me. I wish I was taller. God loves me as I am. I wish I had hair again. God loves me as I am. I wish I was younger. God knows I am older, but loves me as I am.  I really have nothing to give God. He doesn't care. Whatever I have He gave to me.
It made me think. I am a "Rag Doll". But I am a rag doll made by God, loved by God, Earth is not my home, and I am passing through on my way home to live with the King of Kings.

Psalm 139:13-16

13 You created every part of me;
    you put me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because you are to be feared;
    all you do is strange and wonderful.
    I know it with all my heart.
15 When my bones were being formed,
    carefully put together in my mother's womb,
when I was growing there in secret,
    you knew that I was there—
16     you saw me before I was born.
The days allotted to me
    had all been recorded in your book,
    before any of them ever began.

When I doubt my self worth or begin to think that God made a mess when He made me I read Psalm 139. I am assured over and over again that God is always with me. He formed my bones and knew just how long they would last. He knows my homecoming day. If He had a refrigerator my pictures would be on it. It is the same for you also. You are loved and were loved before you knew what love was. His hand was on you in your mother's womb. He visited you there.

Have a great day with blessed assurance from above. You are loved.

Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment