Friday, May 22, 2015

Wasted Times, We All Have Them. 5/22/2015

Good Morning,

Friday at last has popped just over the horizon. My mug is filled with Door County Raspberry Butter Crunch Coffee.
This weekend could not come too soon.

James 4:14   
Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.



Last night I traveled over to a house where I have spent some really good times through the years. My nephews used to live there. As I pulled up there were some little boys playing in the street with a soccer ball. My mind went back 12 years or so and it seemed from a distance that I was watching the boys with their friends once more. We used to shoot baskets in the drive way, throw the football, or play kick ball. Many a night was spent wrestling with those two Shriners on the living room floor. Birthday parties and other milestones were celebrated there. Christmas and Easter dinners were a hoot. We would all bet as to exactly when the younger one would spill his Mountain Dew.  I can still see the older one wearing shorts and cowboy boots asking me when I would take him hunting some day.

Now the house is for sale and the boys are headed in two good directions in their life and I am proud to be their uncle.

I have wasted a lot of time in my life, but none was wasted when it was spent with "the guys".

Time spent with family is never wasted.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment