Thursday, December 26, 2013

When Christmas Hurts 12/26/13

Dear Friends.

Good Morning,

The day after Christmas and I am extremely tired. My coffee today is Door County Blueberry Cobbler. The Mrs. was struck very ill last night with a stomach ailment that is really getting the best of her. Your prayers are appreciated

We were blessed to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior these past two days with friends and family. I watched and listened and there was a lot of laughter and fun discussions that went on. But in the midst of all that were two family members that just seemed empty and disengaged.  Both are going through some personal rough times and struggles. My heart aches for them. But what is needed can't be found in a pill, gifts or friends. What is needed is heart surgery. Not the kind that a surgeon provides, but one provided by Jesus.

Ezekiel 11:19   
And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

Only God can fix a hurting heart. Only God can fill an empty void.. He does that through His son Jesus. I could offer these two food and beverage, and they accepted it. I offered Jesus and prayer, but they politely just listened. No action to heal was taken.

I will pray as they search for them to come to the correct path. But I will admit it hurts to watch them struggle. I am sure you know someone like this. Join me in prayer for them today.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment