Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Children Are a Gift 12/17/13

Good Morning,

A snowy evening last night in Wisconsin. Woke up to a cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee.

James 1:17         
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.




December 17th 1978. My world changed that day like never before. Christmas came early for me. I remember that day like it was yesterday. The weather was cold and snowy. Traveling on the roads was difficult due to the snow and ice. Our Ford LTD was not doing too well in that mess. I never thought that I would be receiving a gift that day that would be wrapped tightly and yet be fragile at the same time. I was to receive a gift that I would never take back or exchange. This gift would remain a joy for years and years. It was the kind of gift that you give to your nephews just to drive your brother crazy. It was noisy yet so lovable. This gift was so precious that you just wanted to wake up in the middle of the night just to peek at the gift to make sure it was real. This gift could raise a stink like you never imagined and make a grown man wretch. But yet you wanted to hold the gift and make sure that the gift was safe. This gift made you look into the future and make plans. What seemed important the year before just wasn't that important anymore. This gift came from God.
This gift is my child. My little bundle of "the Energizer Bunny". Kristy Marie Schutte came into this world in a hurry that day and has kept me on my toes for all these years. I was blessed to have my name changed that day to Dad.

Cherish your kids. Let them know that they are gifts from God and that you love them.

Psalm 127:3        
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Love and Peace to All
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment