Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feelings, Don't Trust Them. 12/31/13

Good Morning,

We will be saying Goodbye Adios, Farewell, Adieu, Adeus, Arrivederci, Auf Wiedersehen to 2013 tonight. So this morning I will start the day with a cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee. Here's hoping that 2014 is a year for you to be called by God to bless others in some way.

I learned a valuable lesson many years ago. Don't place a lot of value on feelings, especially your own. I don't feel like I want another year to pass on, but can I stop it?

Here's an example. I sometimes do not feel like going to work. But how do the bills get paid if I don't go to work? Sometimes I feel like staying in bed and not mowing the lawn. Well I don't own a goat so how will the grass get mowed if I act on my feelings. By the way! I never feel like mowing the lawn. My wife is a wonderful person and I love her dearly. But sometimes I feel like I don't want to be married. What would happen if I acted on that one. Answer! "Right to the moon". Sure we don't walk around starry eyed like we did when we were first dating, but that doesn't mean "the feelings aren't there. They just changed and instead of stars there is contentment. We place too much emphasis on feelings and not enough on facts and faith.

Hi, Now pay attention. Faith is Not a Feeling.
A person who walks by faith has established his relationship with God. The man who has faith never listens to his feelings, because he knows people who do listen to their feelings are not consecrated to God. They will obey what their feelings tell them to do rather than obey what God's will craves to do in and through them. Faith follows God, while feelings merely depend on how a person feels. A person who lives by faith will reject every satanic teaching that the enemy attempts to plant in his heart.

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."

How do you feel now?

God bless,
Marty

1 comment:

  1. You got that right. It is what it is and everything is in God's plans whether we like it or not. So, accept the facts. Its just the way it is..................................

    ReplyDelete