Sunday, December 8, 2013

Standing on Holy Ground. 12/8/13

Good Morning.

This day is already beautiful and it's very early on Sunday. My coffee today is Door County Pumpkin Spice. Sometimes you just need to spice up your life and today is one of those days for me.

Luke 2:10–14

10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, good will toward men!”

Last night we held our annual Christmas Caroling to the nursing homes in my neighborhood. One in particular is very close to our home. My wife and I did not go to the homes but stayed backed putting the final touches on the hot food and beverages that would be served to those who had gone out. One lady who was to go and sing arrived to our home late. It seems the map we gave out just wasn't working for her. She seemed bothered that she would miss the singing to the elderly. I explained that the teams had just left and that we could walk to one of the nursing homes in less than two minutes and she could catch up.



We left our home and took the short walk over. It was a silent night, and I might say a holy night as folks ministered to the elderly, gave gifts, and shared the love of Jesus. But as we approached the nursing home I could hear the singing outside. My friend went in and I proceeded to go home. But I stopped long enough to listen. I could hear the aged and my friends all singing "Silent Night". As I said, there was no wind to speak of and the very cold air carried the music and it seemed to surround me. I said to out loud " Hear that Lord? This is for You." How beautiful it was to be standing there actually hearing those who love Jesus, love others. Of course I knew that God could hear the music. But He put me in a place where for just a moment it was just Him and me and true worship all around. I knew what He was telling me. "This is beautiful, but this is just a glimpse of what you will hear and see some day." Oh what those shepherds heard on the night Christ was born. I can only imagine. I can only wonder what is in store in heaven.

The rest of the night went great. Soup, cider, Door County Coffee and great friends enjoying some time away from the hurried and busy December schedules. But as we had fellowship and laughed I knew I had stood for a short moment on holy ground and God let me hear something I will never forget.

May your day be merry and bright. I know my day is going to be white.

Love you all.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment