Saturday, December 28, 2013

Coyote Trouble

Good Morning,

Started this day with a hot cup of Door County Cane Cane Coffee.

Last night our two dogs were very nervous and somewhat jumpy. The youngest who can hear very well even growled a couple times. I decided to light up our yard with flood lights that are attached to the house. I saw nothing to fear. We live in a rural area but you can't describe it as the "wilderness". It is a typical subdivision in a rural area. So we are a little bit "country".
So I went outside to just look. The night sky was very clear. I saw nothing. But what I heard in the distance was the sound of several coyotes howling. They have been know to come into the neighborhood and from time to time attack dogs. So the danger was close by and my dogs had warned us. I used a head lamp on my hat to look around. Sure enough I found coyote tracks in the fresh snow.  So when our dogs needed to go out last night you can be sure that I was out with them and accompanied by my two friends Smith and Wesson.

We need to protect ourselves from another predator. God clearly warns us that the devil is real and we should aware of his presence and his mission.

1 Peter 5:8

New King James Version (NKJV)
Be sober, be vigilant; because[a] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

I wasn't going outside without protection. In the same way we should always be armed and ready to do spiritual battle.

The Whole Armor of God Ephesians 6:10-19

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[b] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,

On even the clearest of nights with many stars in the sky the devil is out there. But we have the weapons to defeat him. Don't be foolish. Protect yourself and the ones you love.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment