Sunday, December 1, 2013

For a few days 12/1/13

Good Morning.

Last day of duck season in Wisconsin, also the 1st day of December. Goose season will be around for a couple more weeks. So today I will start my morning with a hot cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee.

My wife and I had the wonderful experience of having our grandson Dominick stay with us this last week. Our Daughter Kristy was able to fly in on Thanksgiving day to join friends and family around the table of thanks. We worshipped God by praising Him for what He carried each of us through last year and prayer.

The last few days were packed with visiting, eating and Christmas shopping. Dominick and I got in a little duck hunting also. The outdoor Christmas lights are up and today the inside of the house will start to transform into a Christmas Wonderland.

The Nativity Scene will be displayed for all to see. The annual Christmas Caroling will take place at the nursing homes near us next Saturday.

Surveying all of this and taking it in reminds me of Jesus. Jesus is the reason we do all these things. I am sure He would have enjoyed the fun we had. As a matter of fact I am sure He did. Thank you Lord for each person who graced our doorway and for those who will. But most of all thank You for blessing us with your presence this day and every day.

Matthew 18:20 (NIV)

20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment