Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dealing with Disappointments 12/21/13

Good Morning,

Starting this morning with a cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee and a prayer.

I must admit that this morning I am a little disappointed today. We were to be in Northern Michigan today visiting Dad for the weekend. An ice storm today and snow storm coming Sunday just made traveling to the Michigan Upper Peninsula a dangerous drive. Two people who I trust came to me and advised us not to try the drive. It was disappointing to talk with Dad and say we thought it best not to try. His words were "I love you so much that I'd rather you stay home". Dad lives alone now and does not receive a lot of visitors. I will admit it, as I said goodbye on the phone my eyes were blurry. I really wanted to see him.

Yesterday I prayed for safe travel and God's protection. I believe God sent people to us to tell us it would not be safe to try the journey. Then He sent my wife who has almost stood on her head tonight to make me feel better with compliments and a lot of "it's ok, I love you". Nothing seemed to help. So I turned to God and He spoke.

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God said, "I know".  I needed to trust His wisdom. Maybe Lake Michigan needs the water. Maybe there was certain danger on the road. Maybe God needs something from me today.

Isaiah 55:8-9

New King James Version (NKJV)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

So I must let go of the disappointment and trust God. He knows best.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment