Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Star On Top Of The Christmas Tree 12/12/13

Good Morning Friends and Family,

It sure was cold here last night. This morning only a gallon of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee will warm me up. That is my plan and I am sticking to it.

When Rene and I put up our Christmas Tree every year we always start with putting the tree into the stand making sure that it is straight and secured so it won't tip over.

The second step is to place the a lighted star at the top of the tree and then decorate downward from there.

When I look at the tree it reminds me of Jesus and my life. Jesus is the base in my life. Without Him as my base I would easily tip over and the world would eat me up and spit me out.

Luke 6:47-49

New King James Version (NKJV)
47 Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.[a] 49 But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell.[b] And the ruin of that house was great.”
 
So with Jesus as the foundation or (tree stand) of my life I understand that His words are life to me. Without Him I would fail.
 
But when I look at the top and see the start illuminated and shining bright I know that Jesus will also come back for me and call me home some day. I have something always to look forward to. That great day when I will see Him face to face and He will bring me before the Father. He will finish what He started in me many years ago.
 

Hebrews 12:2

New King James Version (NKJV)
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


That's what I see when I look at our Christmas Tree. What do you see when you look at yours?

God bless,
Marty

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment