Friday, December 6, 2013

Have Kind Thoughts and Say Kind Words Today 12/6/13

Good Morning,

Happy Friday. My morning is starting with a hot cup of Door County Maple Coffee.

Today I want to challenge everyone to have kind thoughts toward one another and say kind words to someone today. Someone told me how much they appreciated the devotional yesterday and that they knew I was thinking about them.
This is very true. Each morning when I awake and pour that first cup of coffee I say "thank you Lord, this tastes good." My thoughts then turn to two dear family members who were struggling financially at one time but yet made sure that I had a cup of coffee when I visited even though coffee was an expense that they could not afford. They went without something else to give me a cup of coffee. Just writing this puts a tear in my eye.

You see friends I will admit that I had a very rough day yesterday and getting a note of encouragement meant a lot to me. We can put on our "nasty hats" or decide to be nice and supportive of others in words and deeds.  God has a lot to say about how we should behave toward others. As a matter of fact he expects it of His children.

Proverbs 16:24 ESV        
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

Your words are your choice. They are as kind as you choose them to be. You have the power within you to make the day brighter for someone by just speaking a word of love or kindness.

Psalm 27:13 ESV         
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!

You are where you are and each person was made by God. If you look for the good in a person because God desires us to do so you will find it. You will discover that the grumpiness has left the chambers of your heart and mind and you will want to say kind things. Look around you. There are people within speaking distance.

So here is my shot at this today. Thank you for reading this devotional. You are loved. May God bless you all. And you two coffee elves know who you are. My heart misses you more than you know.

Have a great weekend. Be safe.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment