Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pepto Bismol And God 12/29/13

Good Morning,

Headed out early today with my Aunt to visit some relatives. My thermos is filled with Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. We attended church last night as we usually do. I hope as you read this you have either been to church or are headed there.

I would like to share some information I found on Wikepedia about a product I use. This is not an endorsement of the product. Many people use "Pepto". It is part of what I pack when I leave for mission trips to combat stomach ailments from bad water or any other stomach bugs I pick up.

Pepto-Bismol is an over-the-counter drug currently produced by the Procter & Gamble company in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, to treat minor digestive system upset. Its active ingredient is bismuth subsalicylate. The primary symptoms aided by Pepto-Bismol are nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, and other temporary discomforts of the stomach and gastrointestinal tract.
Pepto-Bismol is made in chewable tablets[1] and swallowable caplets,[2] but is best known for its original formula which is a thick liquid. This original formula is a medium pink color with a strong wintergreen or cherry flavor.

Many of us suffer each day from what I call a nervous stomach or the daily pressures of life. We turn to over the counter cures. I am suggesting that today we look at "in the Bible cures".

Here are some gospills ready for you to use when worried or nervous.

  1. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34 NIV
  2. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.  Phil 4:13 NIV
  3. Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:31 NIV
  4. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matt 6:25-27 NIV
  5. But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. Luke 21:14 NIV
  6. Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22 NIV
  7. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 NIV
  8. I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken..  Psalm16:8 NIV
  9. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  Psalm 62:6 NIV
  10.  Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings Psalm 17:8 NIV
  11. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  Psalm 91:4 NIV
  12. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 NIV
  13. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
  14. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28 NIV
  15. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. Psalm 28:7 NIV
  16. I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.  Psalm 121:1-2 NIV
  17. They will have no fear of bad news;  their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.  Psalm 112:7 NIV
  18. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding Proverbs 3:5 NIV
  19. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place. Deut 1:31 NIV
  20. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil 4:6-7 NIV

Have a worry free day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment