Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Old Friends Snoops and Fritz

Good Morning.
I pray your day goes well. I started today with a cup of Door County Maple coffee and a heavy heart.

I received a call from my friend Jim yesterday. The time had come when he had to say goodbye to his dear friend and hunting companion Snoops. Snoops is the black lab pictured above with my springer Fritz. Tears welled in my eyes as Jim told me of the trip he was making to the vet. My heart goes out to Jim, Marcie and Ethan. Snoops was suffering and it was time to put her down. I have hunted over Fritz and Snoops for a lot of years. Snoops is a year older than Fritz and a lot of what Fritz knows now he learned from Snoops. They never had a cross moment between the two of them and they were always happy to see each other, hunt together and at times play together. "Two Old Friends"

I think we can all be taught a lesson today one more time from Snoops. You see Friends, some day our last day will come too.

Psalm 90:12        
So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.

Our days are all numbered. Will we leave this world with a cross word and bad memory between us? Or will we have shared our last Krispy Kreme in a boat together? Life is short. Too short to not visit our friends and relatives. Too short not to love and laugh with those we care about. Too short not to share. Too short not to care. Too short to carry a grudge.

Fritz learned a lot from Snoops. Today let Snoops teach us a lesson.

God bless you all. Live well, be at peace with your friends and family.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment