Saturday, December 14, 2013

Steak for Breakfast? Mother Knew Better 12/14/13

Good Morning World!

My coffee this morning is super hot and very tasty. I have filled my cup with Door County Pumpkin Spice coffee.

I love breakfast. As a kid I used to tell my mother that I was going to eat steak and eggs at my house when I was on my own and I would eat it every day. I also told her that when I grew up I would never wash another dish. I must still be in my childhood because I don't have steak every day  and I still wash dishes quite often. She told me to call her so she could witness me eating steak for breakfast every day. She must have thought she was raising the village idiot. No Comments Today!

As I sit here eating my oat meal I wonder "what happened? Where's the beef?"

Well reality set in. If I wanted steak everyday I would be getting up earlier than I do now just to cook it. My cholesterol would be off the charts. I would own a ranch just to raise beef. I would have saddle sores from herding cattle on a horse. And I would have worn out a set of teeth by now. If I did not wash dishes from time to time I would be living alone. I would be working after herding cattle at a truck stop just to buy paper plates and plastic cups. And I would only have a clean coffee cup once a week.

So what is the devotional here? Mother knew best. We can learn from our elders and should take every chance we get to sit and listen. We are never too old to learn from the more experienced. These people are precious gifts to us from God.

Proverbs 1:8        
Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching,

God bless,
Go wash the dishes and listen to your elders.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment