Friday, June 24, 2022

Repairing The Garden Hose 6/24/2022

 Good Morning,

I just poured a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and I am ready to get this day on it's way.

James, 1:14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 

A few days ago while watering our plants I noticed that the garden hose in our back yard had a pin hole in it. I wondered how a pinhole came to fruition on my watering implement. So I made a splice in the hose at the site of the hole and all was well. The next night both of our dogs were barking like crazy. I turned on the flood lights in the back yard and let the dogs outside. I then heard some shrill yapping and I went flying out of the door to see what the commotion was all about. 

Our two dogs had cornered a small puppy in our yard who was chewing on our hose. The yard is totally fenced in and only a small puppy could get underneath the fence and still it would be a struggle. I rescued the little lady from her encounter with the "boys". They did not hurt her at all. They played around with her, yet she was afraid. She had left home and now was captive. Another minute later I heard someone calling for their dog. The dog had a name and it was Shirley. The owner of Shirley was frantically searching for her. And to be honest she was quite a distance from home. I let her owner into our yard and he explained how his four year old child keeps letting the dog out. He also explained how they had given Shirley a piece of heavy garden hose to chew on. So I had the hose munching culprit captured. The owner offered to purchase a new hose for us and we declined. I remember our dog Gibbs doing that to the hose in the front yard. He also let us know that when he walks Shirley and as she goes by our house, she is always looking for our two dogs. I guess she strains at the leash and tries to get into our yard.  I wonder, now that she had the pee scared out of her, will she still want to return and hang out with the guys.  My point for the day is this. Not all things that we long for are good for us. The excitement of hanging out with the wrong fellas was too much for little Shirley. She gave into temptation and she could have gotten lost or run into the wrong dogs. 

So today, when the urge to hop the fence and see what the grass is like on the other side tempts you, ask yourself this. Is this good for me? Will it have a bad impact on my family and my reputation? If so, retreat and consider it a done deal not to engage with temptation. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment