Saturday, June 18, 2022

September On My Mind 6/18/2022

 Good Morning,

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this day already. The sun is shining and the temperature is very comfortable. I have a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee next to me and I am ready to write. 

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live. 13 That  everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil. This is God's gift to man. 

I have a few months to go until September and I don't want to rush through summer, but I am looking forward to a fishing trip with some good friends of mine.  It will be a week of laughs, great food and hopefully some good fishing for walleye. I haven't seen these guys since last year and I am hoping that things keep going well for the group so we can make this an annual get together until we just can't do it anymore. 

We have one fella who does an excellent job of getting us all together and plans who brings what and communicates any changes or updates. I have known him for a long time. He is a take charge kind of guy and his organizational skills are much needed. He is the one responsible for getting me into duck hunting. I will always be grateful for that. There isn't a one time while hunting for waterfowl that I don't think about him and recall a hunt or two we enjoyed together. Note in the passage above, part of living life is to to be satisfied with doing good at all times. I believe that doing good does provide joy that is indescribable. 

So today as I pour out my thoughts into this blog, my message for all of you out there is to enjoy life as much as you can. Take time for reunions like I will in September (Lord willing) and do the things you like to do. I hope to return home with a few fish for the freezer and a sore body from laughing like we did last year. So for today as I am signing off, know that you are loved, you were just prayed for and may your day be filled with peace, happiness and great memories. 

God bless,

Marty







No comments:

Post a Comment