Saturday, June 25, 2022

Hey! Watch Your Mouth And You Control Your Anger. 6/25/2022

 Good Morning,

The Cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee that I just poured for myself is actually doing a great job of putting some action into this body of mine. 

Colossians 3:8 But now you must put them all away, anger, wrath, malice, slander , and obscene talk from your mouth. 


Last night my wife Rene and I were able to attend another Major League Baseball game at the local stadium. We enjoyed dining on a couple of Hoagie sandwiches in the parking lot before the game. In our town "Tailgating" is customary and is half of the fun  of going to the ball park.  Our dinner was simple yet very nice. It was a nice opportunity to sit, relax, and have just the two of us talk for awhile.

The parking lot was filled with people who use the space between the rows of cars for their dining and social experience. Another custom  people enjoy is to play "Bags" also known as Corn Hole or Bean Bag  Toss. Four guys were playing a robust game of Bags next to us. They were enjoying their game and we were close enough to be able to hear them converse back and forth about the game. I would have to say that everyone of their sentences or statements contained very vulgar language. It was so bad that the people next to us packed up their kids and decided to go into the ball park earlier than they desired. This lack of respect for the kids and women present was also getting on my last nerve. Rene asked me not to say anything to them as they had been drinking a lot of beer and the encounter could lead to worse things like punches being thrown. I guess there was no need to experience jail on a Friday night. 

These guys and their mouths were disgustingly obnoxious and in my mind needed to be told about it and really needed a foot to be placed in their backside. I respected my wife's request to keep the peace by not saying something. That did not sit well with me and still isn't sitting well with me this morning. Rene asked later if we could pray for those guys and for an attitude change so that they become aware of their mouths and that their future actions would be less harmful to others. I felt really bad for that family with kids who had to hear the constant vulgar speech. 

I am not sure if my prayer was contrite and from the heart because I was mouthing the correct words but in my mind I was praying for a lightning strike from heaven to wipe these guys off of the Earth. 

So to the point I go. I will probably never see those four again and if I do I hope my wife isn't with me. I will continue to pray for them and also for myself. I need to let God handle those guys and straighten them out. Those four and me need a change of heart.  You see in the Bible verse above that it applies to not only those four but to me also. And four of the commands apply to me and only one applies to them. Argh!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment