Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Take Me Out To The Ball Game 6/21/22

 Good Morning,

A hot cup of Door County Caramel Latte Coffee is doing good things by this old body this morning. It is time to write. 

Last night my wife Rene and I were treated to by my brother to a Major League Baseball game. There of course was a tailgate picnic with brats and all kinds of goodies. The game was a great one and our home team came away the winners for the night. We are truly grateful to him for the nice outing and time spent together with him and his friends. 

Proverbs 11:17 Those who are kind , benefit themselves. 

It was extremely warm in the stadium and once we the game was over we made haste to get to our air conditioned vehicles and head home. That cold air inside my truck felt really good and both Rene and I remarked that we were actually a little bit cold. 

Where am I going with this? Before I went to bed last night I took some time to thank God for some of our comforts and the blessings of the night. You could say that I took time to count my blessings. I fell asleep quickly and probably with a smile. My brother is a lot younger than I am and while counting my blessings I recalled me taking him on my bike and treating him to a burger at a small burger palace called Paul's. I would sit him on the bike in front of me and I would pedal a mile to the place and I would treat him to a burger and fries with money I had earned from mowing lawns. 

My point is this. Life goes full circle on us and before you know it, those who you once treated when they were very young are now taking the old guy to a ball game. I believe that kindness is always repaid. Not that it should be our goal to receive kindness back for kindness given, but I believe God blesses a kind heart. Last night was more than a ball game to me. My brother gave me time with my family and I met some new people also. So friends, take time to give kindness and that is reward enough. But when it does go full circle and someone is kind to you, say thanks and remember God is the one who arranged it all. Thanks Jim! I would pedal you all the way to Paul's if they hadn't torn it down.

Marty

2 comments: