Sunday, June 5, 2022

I See God's Own Monuments 6/5/2022

 Good Morning,

Starting today with a big cup of Door County Lighthouse Blend Coffee.

God has created all things. I have had the pleasure of seeing many things like canyons, roaring rivers, shooting stars, beautiful sunsets, mirror like lakes, icicles, a full moon and some waterfalls.



Waterfalls amaze me, with their turbulence, noise and the mist that comes from the water smashing against rocks. I have been blessed to see a frozen waterfall. You could hear the water rushing but all you could see was a huge wall of ice. My wife and I made a visit to Niagara Falls a few years back. You could just feel the ground shake as you approached as close as you could get to the falls. It made me think about the many historical and beautiful monuments that one could visit around the world. Our capital Washington DC has many beautiful and ornate man made monuments. But Niagara Falls was created by God and is a monument unto Him. Now and then my mind wanders to the places I have seen or visited. It's OK to do that. I see God in creation. Thinking about that beauty at times will slow me down, calm my fears, reduce stress, bring peace, and draw me closer to God. I am reminded of His power and love for us. Niagara Falls reminds me of God in that He cannot be contained and is all powerful.

Philippians 4:8        
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.



Have a wonderful day. God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment