Wednesday, June 8, 2022

We All Get Depressed Now And Then 6-8-2022

 Good Morning,

I have a busy day ahead with much to do. My coffee this morning is Door County Hazelnut Creme. The weather is dreary and not much of a pick me up.



Dear Friends, I think that from time to time we all suffer our bouts with depression. It would be real easy to write a blog today and say "suck it up it's not that bad". But that would not be fair and really not realistic at all. We all have our own paths to follow in life. At each turn there can be something that has an impact on us that causes us to wonder if it will ever end. For some, one turn in life leads to a barrage of circumstances that are lined up and just seem to be too much to handle.

For many of us depression sets in and we start to take count of our life and wonder where God is in all of this? We even question our existence.  I have made the mistake of saying "what's next"? Not looking for a reprieve but almost wanting another tough blow.

Since from time to time we have all been there in the depths of depression, it should be easy for us to spot someone who is fighting with depression. Then it is our duty to reach out and offer a smile, an ear, a prayer, and some comfort. I can't be with all of you today and you can't be everywhere either. But God can be and He does speak through His word. I have placed below some Bible verses that reassure us that God is with each of us and that we can turn to him and say, "Lord this is getting the best of me. I hurt and need you to comfort me". He will not let you down.

Psalms 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
Psalms 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.

God wants to help. Let Him in for a good cry. He will stay right there through it all. Most of all. remember that whether I know you or not, I will pray for each of you who reads this today in a general prayer. You are loved.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment