Thursday, June 2, 2022

A Top Hat For The Truck. Cookies And Milk 6/2/2022

 Good Morning,

My Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is having a hard time waking me up today. I hate to see a coffee struggle like this. 


Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven. 

A few weeks ago our new truck finally arrived after waiting a long time for it. So far I am liking the truck, but there is one thing still missing. We also ordered a cap for the truck bed. It too has arrived and will be installed late next week. Then I can say that my truck is complete and the deal is done. I will have a more secure and safe way to haul my work supplies around and travel for pleasure as well.

We all like to feel secure in our homes, vehicles and places of work. This is especially true for children. At night before going to bed we make sure to lock our doors and make sure the vehicles are stored away and locked. It is a good habit to have and we like the sense of being secure ourselves. 

My point for the day is this. Before sending the little ones to bed, do you spend time in prayer with them and just talk? Do they get a hug before you turn out the lights? What about the teenager or college student, who is burning the lamp of study very late? Do you interrupt them for a minute to pray and ensure them of your love? Can they count on you to bring in some food to fuel their late night studies?

Or are you engrossed in work you brought home or streaming some show that could be paused until the "rounds of love" are done? The verbal expression of love accompanied by a soft touch or a power snack is like the Top Hat for the night. Like my truck without a cap, the day is not complete without topping it off with prayer and three little words . "I Love You". 

Make it a habit to end the day with prayer for tomorrow and wishes for a good night of sleep. Make the day complete.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment