Thursday, June 23, 2022

God Can Be Counted On

Good Morning. 


Started my day with some Door County Hawaiian Hazelnut Coffee. I recently had someone ask where I go for coffee so early in the morning that serves Door County Coffee. To tell you the truth I go to my kitchen. I brew it daily. The Door County Coffee Company is located in Northern Wisconsin in the Door County Peninsula. My wife and I like to vacation and rest there. I can order it on-line or some of our local stores carry it. www.doorcountycoffee.com  I highly recommend it.

Many years ago when starting out in the work force my parents gave me a Thermos to keep my coffee hot and me warm. I am 65 years old now and I still have that thermos. They paid good money for it and I have used it for work and hunting. Even on the coldest of days I have been able to count on it  to dispense a nice hot cup of cider or coffee. I usually hunt with someone else along with the dog and myself. Many a cold night has gone by when right after loading the boat on to the truck after a duck and goose hunt I have opened my thermos and offered a cold buddy a hot cup of cider.

We both will usually say "boy that hit the spot".

There are two ways to look at this as a devotional.

#1 James 2:16
If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?

We are to share and provide for the comfort of others.

#2 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Psalm 73:23, 24


Like my Thermos God can always be counted on even in the dark and cold of the night. He never let's us down. There is nothing like God to warm a heart.

Love you all.
Marty

2 comments:

  1. Great message Marty. Going thru this stuff at work, man i needed to read this

    ReplyDelete