Monday, June 27, 2022

Who We Are And Who We Are Not 6/27/2022

 Good Morning,

I don't have much time this morning, although I have been drafting this blog in my mind all weekend. I like to belong to organizations of my choice and if I am passionate about a cause you will find that my check book or time donations are spent on things I believe in.  One thing I have never struggled with and I have had plenty of personal struggles is my identity and my search for significance. 

By now if you have read any of my writings you can tell that I lean toward conservative Christianity. How I know my identity is from the Word of God and I try always to use it as my moral compass. One passage reminds me of who I am and at the same time who I am not. 

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man but it's end is the way to death. 

Many times I have thought I was right in my beliefs or in my decisions. I had no peace in these situations and once I checked my actions or beliefs against the Word of God I found that my way was not Scriptural. If I continued in my way, I actually declared war on God and defied His Supreme Authority. So you could say if I wasn't for God's way, I was fighting against Him. I lowered my opinion of Him and insulted His way by denying His plan for my life or for the world. 

James 4:4 You adulterous world. Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

So what do you say you are with God? Friend or Foe? God calls us to act like we belong in the family of God.  Nothing else will do. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment