Saturday, August 31, 2019

The Morning Circus 8/31/2019

Good Morning,

Door County Black And Tan Coffee just graced my cup with it's presence and I am enjoying a nice slow sip as I write. Somethings never receive justice when written about, you just have to be there in that moment.

I have been writing a lately about our adventure with a new puppy in the house. The older dog Gibbs is starting to be more tolerant of Leo the new ball of energy.  But we still have a long way to go. It is quiet in the house right now, but an hour and a half ago it was a circus on steroids. Our morning routine had me out of bed as usual to let Leo out to do his morning constitution. The potty training isn't going too badly.

Matthew 18:10. 
See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels always see the face of My Father in Heaven.

I get him from the kennel and rush outside with him loading my pockets with some training treats. Once Leo does his business both dogs come for a small treat. You see Gibbs who has been house broken for years now thinks he deserves a treat also.

Then we go into the yard and this morning both dogs decided to flush the morning doves resting in the garden. They had no regard for the old guy who was out there in a pair of shorts and slippers. Thus both dogs hit me like a train and I got knocked off balance and went down into the cold. dew filled grass. The three of us are at times a big stooge fest to watch. This morning we a perfect example.

I let them play for a good long time, and also did a little hunting training with both of them. A little while later I brought them into the house where Leo ran to my sleeping beauty wife and sat on her head while she was trying to sleep. I found this amusing, but I can say that Rene did not. The little guy was met with correction and set straight. Rene appreciates this little guy and he just follows her around all the time. So the little foul was corrected but understood as an example of affection. No one was scarred for life over a miscue.



So what is the point in my babble today? Our morning circus would not be for everyone and I myself can't wait until the puppy days turn into a more mature, less hyper hound.  But the circus is ours and we own it and are glad to bestow a lot of love on our two canine family members.

Last night two of my buddies and I went to a local county fair to see a monster truck rally. These trucks have 1500 horse power and are so loud that you need good hearing protection to enjoy the rally safely. While we were there all three of us noticed that some parents had their kids in the grandstands without any hearing protection. Once the trucks cranked it up these little ones started to cry because it was just too loud and it hurt. I can only imaging the damage done to those young ears.

Then we watched a family of three with a little girl about six years old sit down in front of us. I am a good judge of behavior and this little girl was very well behaved. But it turned a little colder as the sun vanished. The little girl tried to snuggle up to her mother and was met with a verbal outburst that would make any grown person want to wet their pants. Anytime this kid moved she was berated without mercy. I just about had enough of this and was considering my options and the best one I could come up with was to take both parents aside and open a 10 pound can of whoop butt on them. I made sure to mumble my displeasure loud enough so that these two could hear the promise. I never threaten without keeping the promise. They toned it down and were behaved for the rest of the night.

Here is the main point. These kids are gifts to the parents and should be protected from harm and cherished. If like is such a circus that you can't do right by your kids and at least put cotton balls in their ears you should adjust the circus. Our two dogs are treated better than that little girl. We protect them from harm and do not put them in situations where they can get hurt.

Friends, I couldn't sleep last night worrying about that little girl. I prayed though the night that something would change in the family and that this girl has a peaceful life. I don't believe the authorities would have helped me out because of verbal abuse. But I should have done more. A night in jail would have been worth it if somehow that child would have escaped the mayhem of moronic parents.  I rambled on and on this morning, but our kids deserve to wake up in safety daily. If you don't like the circus you chose, adopt them out to homes where they can be loved and cherished.

Amen,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment