Friday, August 30, 2019

Personal Foul, Clipping 8/30/2019

Good Morning,

Friday came in today like a cold drink on a very hot day. I really need a break this weekend and  a three day one it shall be. I just poured a cup of Door  County  Birthday  Cake  Coffee and now it is time to write.



In the National Football League a foul that is committed by one player against another player such as grabbing the face mask on a helmet is called a personal foul. Clipping or a block in the back is when a player blocks  another player from behind. The player who the foul is committed on can't see the hit coming. It is a dangerous hit and receives a large penalty.

In life we can be blindsided by those who talk about us behind our backs. This can be known as gossip or slander, When we don't see it coming and it arrives we are devastated or hurt. This form of attack in many instances wasn't meant for us to hear, but sin is always exposed and sin doesn't care who it hurts.

Psalm 101:5 English Standard Version (ESV)

                                        
Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly

    I will destroy.
Whoever has a haughty look and an arrogant heart
    I will not endure


So if you have to tell someone "don't repeat this". Then don't say anything at all. Gossip, slander and backbiting are all forms of sin and should be avoided. So before you speak about someone ask this?
Does what I have to say about someone exalt Jesus? Do I have permission to tell this? Could my statement harm someone? Is what I am going to say supported by the Bible?  If all the questions are answered no. Take a big drink of shut up juice and avoid the sin of the gossiper,

Good advice? I think so. Have a great weekend.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment