Sunday, August 11, 2019

Not An Odor I Liked 8/11/2019

Good Morning,

I just started my day with prayer and a cup of Door County Chocolate  Cherry  Coffee.

It feels good to be outside sitting at our  patio  with your dog Gibbs and my coffee mug. Rene and I returned home last night from a week of vacation in Hawaii.

The trip was a lot of fun for us and was overdue. We packed a lot of adventure and sightseeing into a week. So much that after attending church today this will be a day of rest, as it was meant to be.

One of our day adventures took us on a volcano tour. This including hiking through sulfur pits that are still burning off. The tour guides and park rangers  give you plenty of warning that the hike has plenty of hazards and you hike at your own risk.

The waking wasn't  hard and the fumes weren't  too bad. But it was best to stay a good distance away. They were hot and noxious.



Later that night when we returned to our hotel we could still smell the sulfer smoke on our clothes and back packs. I blew my nose into a tissue and my tissue was filled with stench. That odor lingered in my nose for another whole day.

My point if the day is this. During our trip to and from the volcanoes we smelled like everyone else and really didn't  notice it until later when we rentered a clean environment. We had become polluted and fit right in.

Friends our chosen environments can be a polluted pit that over time become the accepted norm. We need yo from time to time examine the state of our hearts, motives and actions in life. We can become what we entertain as good, when it really isn't. Soon that once thought good. environment leaves us stinking from our choices. We need to stay away from the folly of the world and use Wisdom to direct our paths. The first step in obtaining wisdom is to fear God.

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning  of wisdom.

Friends, I will be taking the next few days to write about Wisdom and the pursuit of ut and the consequences  of leaving it behind. So as I close for today, May God bless you and keep you. Amen

Marty





No comments:

Post a Comment