Monday, August 26, 2019

My House Shall Be A House Of Prayer 8/26/2019

Good Morning,

Monday arrived and it came in quietly. I hope when it leaves, it leaves quietly. I am praying for a quiet day today and then a night of rest. I just filled my mug with Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee and now it is time to write.

Isaiah 56:7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Even those I will bring to My holy mountain
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar;
For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples.”


When I think about a "House Of Prayer" I quite naturally defer to a church. Churches are supposed to be a house of prayer. In addition they should be leading the prayer. People should always feel welcome to enter a church to pray or ask for prayer. Visitors to a church should be able to see a "House Of Prayer". 



But what about our own homes?  Would people say that they know for sure that your home is a house of prayer and that you are a praying person? If you were on trial for being a person of prayer would there be enough evidence to convict you? Would people say that they know they can count on you to pray even when it is inconvenient? 

Make time to pray.  God wants to hear from you. And you need to hear from Him.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment