Friday, August 2, 2019

A Picnic At Work 8/2/2019

Good Morning,

Friday arrived just in time to pick me up and set me straight again. I raise my mug of Door County Turtles In A Cup Coffee in a salute to Friday!

Luke 6:31 English Standard Version (ESV)
31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Yesterday we held our annual work picnic on the hospital grounds. Everyone came outside for a very nice lunch served by those of us in management. I always look forward to serving in the picnic and the Christmas dinner. It is a nice time to be able to say thank you to all who come through the serving lines, laugh a little and smile a lot. I especially like serving the dinners with my peers and joking around with them, while working pretty hard.



Here's the point for the day. If someone works with you or for you don't forget to say thank you now and then. I believe we do a great job of appreciating those who report to us. But from time to time I get in a rut and forget to be thankful for the great staff I have the privilege to lead and serve with. That's on me and it shouldn't happen. Now days. people can find work anywhere. But if they choose to work with you and for you. be thankful and tell them they are appreciated.

Food For thought!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment