Saturday, August 24, 2019

Just A Little Cooler 8/24/2019

Good Morning,

This morning sees me heading into work earlier than usual and way before sunrise. I will need my Thermos bottle of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee to keep me awake this morning.

I couldn't help but to embrace the cool weather this morning and some would say it is a little too cool. It reminds me that fall is on it's way. I am hardly ready for the fall but I am as always looking forward to it.
I am a hunter and I enjoy being out in the marsh or on the river hunting for ducks and geese. I guess it's just the way God wired me. I have always liked  Fall most out of our four seasons. I really like drinking coffee while in my boat, eating a doughnut with our dog and watching the sun come up or set into the West.

I really enjoy being outside, wearing warm clothes and watching the sky for the game I am pursuing. I rarely hunt alone anymore, so I am usually with some friends or at least one other person. Hunting buddies are a true blessing from God. The jocularity, prayer and companionship is priceless. If we are blessed to shoot something, our trained dogs retrieve the game for us. There is nothing like watching a man's face when his dog comes through in a big way. It's just plain nice to watch them glow with pride. We all appreciate a good dog.


Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 English Standard Version (ESV)
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. 10 For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!

What I am trying to say can be summed up like this. I am blessed to be alive.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment