Sunday, August 25, 2019

Not Quite Synchronized Yet 8/25/2019

Good Morning,

The weather in my part of the world is a little cooler than normal. It's just the way I like it and the sunrise is just plain old beautiful. I salute this morning with a big cup  of  Door  County  Brownie  Batter  Coffee.



I might have mentioned this earlier. My wife Rene and I brought home a new English Springer Spaniel puppy last week Sunday. (Leo) Our whole world changed quite a bit with this little ball of destructive energy flying around like an out of control train. Our older dog Gibbs hasn't been all that welcoming to his house mate either. Meal time is a tense standoff and has to be done in a way that allows Little Leo a space to eat without infringing on Gibbs.

I would post a picture of the two of them but it has been impossible to capture one. Leo doesn't sit still long enough yet.. So to say the least our home is not synchronized anymore and our routine needs a lot of practice. It does however at times show progress and hope.

Both dogs are with me as I write getting along just fine and Leo hasn't run off to explore everything that is new to him. He is responding to a whistle pretty well and comes back when he is getting out of range on his limits in our yard. Slippers are still unsafe.

Romans 12:18 New International Version (NIV)
18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Friends, my point is this . What we knew as normal in our home when we brought someone new into it. Leo has accepted us as his new family and we need to adjust to some of the differences he brings to the household dynamics. Everyone we meet in life is different and as long as the differences are not harmful we should try our best to tolerate them and make some accommodations. I  can see the compromises working their way out in the two dogs a little. So my friends as school begins and there is a new kid at the lunch table , or others move into our neighborhood, let's try to see life from their eyes and be inviting and friendly. Let's practice the "Golden Rule".

Luke 6:31 New International Version (NIV)
31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

God expects it and wants us to be a friendly synchronized team in the  world we live in.

God bless,

Marty`

No comments:

Post a Comment