Wednesday, April 10, 2019

When We Pray We Are Teaching Our Children. 4/10/2019

Good Morning World.

I am enjoying a cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee and some prayer time deep from within my soul today.

I am praying for a one year old boy today who is fighting a severe illness. It has been a long road for this little fella.



I am a firm believer in prayer and that God hears the prayers of all believers and I also believe that if God chooses through His divine wisdom to hear the prayers of a non- believer it is His perfect choice to do so.

Parents often teach their children simple little prayers to say before dinner and at bed time. I believe this is a good practice. But I also believe the parent or grandparent should join in at prayer time, keeping it simple yet allowing the child to hear you pray. While doing this you are communicating with God, affirming what you are teaching. Pray for the child in front of them. Agree with them in prayer. Record answers to prayers with them. Teach them that the God you pray to is alive and well, even when the answer to prayer seems to be no.

  • “These words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” (Deuteronomy 6:6–7)
  • “Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.” (Psalm 34:11)
  • “Discipline your son, and he will give you rest; he will give delight to your heart.” (Proverbs 29:17)
A praying child often seeks out a personal relationship with God through Jesus sooner than others.

Have a great day!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment