Thursday, April 11, 2019

That One Friend And Yet There Is Another 4/11/2019

Good Morning World,

I am rejoicing today as I heard that my prayers had been answered and the little boy who was very ill is on the mend. Thank you Lord!. I bow before you in humble awe. Later I will pour myself a cup of Door County Hawaiian Hazelnut Coffee and go to work.


1 Samuel 18:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

Saul Resents David

18 Now when he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

I hope all of you can identify with this because to be friendless is a sad situation. There is that one friend who knows you better than anyone else. That one friend that makes you laugh, even during anxious times. There is that one friend you can count on in snow storms to help you out. There is that one friend who prays with you, and for you when you are sleeping and he is awake asking God to provide on your behalf. There is that one friend who doesn't mind telling you when you are out of line or wrong. You are soul mates.



If you have a friend like this, you are blessed. But we all have another friend who does all of the things listed above and yet He does even more. Jesus is that friend. He laid down His life for you. He stays awake at all times interceding on your behalf and he is with you always.

John 15:13 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.

Matthew 18:20 New King James Version (NKJV)
20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

You don't have to be friendless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment