Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Open Your Homes To Others 4/3/2019

Good Morning World,

Wednesday arrived and it has me trying to see over my glasses to Friday. After a short prayer time I poured myself a cup of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee and now it is time to write.

Over the years Rene and I have opened our home to others who needed a place to rest or fill up on a few good meals. When we built our home we dedicated it to God's service. We still send off mission teams from our house, feed them up and get them to the airport. Our home has been a haven now and then to just show love and compassion on a troubled soul or two. Now and then someone just needs clean clothes and a shower.

I am not writing this to brag about what we have done, but to thank God for blessing us with a home and food to share. We want to thank Him for late night travelers and for using us to minister to those He sends.

1 Peter 4:9-10 New Living Translation (NLT)
Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay.
10 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.

Colossians 3:12-13 New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Now and then we receive a thank you that says we are a blessing. I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement.  We are the ones who are blessed to be able to help. We all need to let God use us and what He gives us.


Matthew 25:31-46 New International Version (NIV)
The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

Go ahead and open your door and your refrigerator. You just never know Who you are feeding.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment