Monday, April 22, 2019

Sitting At The Window 4/22/2019

Good Morning,

Monday rolled in quietly and it is here to stay for 24 hours no matter what we say or do. I just poured a cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee just because it was the one that was closest to the top of my brew stash.



Yesterday I was sitting at my desk, with the window open enjoying a fresh breeze blowing across the papers where I write. I observed our neighbor installing a new fence and the quandary he encountered. In order to observe property lines and be respectful he built
 the fence line so close to a tree that he had to cut the fence at the bottom to accommodate the tree trunk. I feel for the guy, because up until that snafoo his fence was a class one installation. The fence posts have been cemented in and starting over was not an option. Even if he did start over he would be infringing on our property line. It would take a court hearing and a written variance with us granting him permission to install the fence a few inches over. I hope he knows we would have granted that variance without wanting anything for it. It would have been about four to five inches.

Isn't it a funny world where a few inches would require a court hearing , when his fence actually benefits us too. But I suppose, later down the road and the properties are sold, come legal beagle would make an issue out of it, holding up a land sale. So the poor guy has a hole in a beautiful fence. it reminds me of the guy who built an outhouse and didn't plan enough leg room. So He cut two holes in the door for the knees .


Proverbs 16:9 New King James Version (NKJV)

But the Lord directs his steps.

A man’s heart plans his way,

Friends, we plan and sometimes plans don't go as we thought they would. Sometimes you can start over. Sometimes you have to adjust the plans and keep going forward. But no matter what, we can always make the best of it.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment