Monday, April 29, 2019

The Day After The Snow Storm 4/29/2019

Good Morning,

A hot cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee awaits me after I finish writing and praying. It looks like rain is on the menu for the week. Oh well, it will help the grass grow.





On Saturday we received a few inches of snow and to be honest with you all I did not give Sunday much hope to be a nice day. In the early morning the snow was still here and it was wet as all get out. But by 10 AM it was sunny and later it was dry and warm enough to mow our grass for the first time. It was two days that were just exact opposites.I accomplished a lot yesterday. I drained the snow blower, started the weed cutter and leaf blower. The grass was mowed and trimmed. I was feeling pretty good about myself until I recalled the lousy mood I was in earlier in the morning.

Now I have no excuse for being crabby and a little cross with her. Then I remembered once more that I broke my routine of praying before leaving the bedroom. I was feeling pretty good about myself and then remembered how I felt at 6 AM. I started to feel a little guilty about grumbling about a little snow o early in the morning. I let the weather impact my mood and I wasn't exactly pleasant to Rene when she came to the kitchen for breakfast. I had prayed a little for some others but not for the two of us. I was mad at myself for not mowing the grass on Friday and was picturing myself mowing a hay field by Thursday. My procrastination made a little snow a big deal. But God proved me wrong and dried it up so I could not complain or have an excuse for a shabby lawn.

I contemplated this for awhile and came to the conclusion that God had corrected me for being lazy and for having a nasty mood. He stuffed me with a day of sunshine. Not to be one who makes the same mistake twice I got going and finished my chores.



Job 5:17 English Standard Version (ESV)

  17 “Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; 

 therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.

God did not have to spank me with the razor strap, but He got my attention through the Holy Spirit. I was ashamed of the bad attitude all day. 

Have a wonderful day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment