Sunday, April 14, 2019

Even The Wind Can Sound Lonely 4/14/2019

Good Morning World!

I am writing today with a Cup of Door County Just Peachy Coffee next to me and our dog Gibbs sitting at my feet chewing on a rawhide treat.


Psalm 147:3 New International Version (NIV)

    and binds up their wounds

He heals the brokenhearted

The weather today is anything but stellar. As I sit in our second story den I can hear the wind  blowing through the apple tree and then along side the house. It is strong enough to make a howling noise from time to time. If it were October this would be a great day for duck hunting, although it would be rough on the water. I believe I would be fighting some white caps out there.



My wife Rene went to work at the medical center early this morning and I will be speaking later at the church of a friend as a guest speaker. As I sit here writing to all of you, I can see how people would feel lonely on days like this. I too must stop by at work for a minute today and check on a project. I will then be in a church with plenty of people. Later, God willing, Rene will come home and we will dine on some fresh chicken soup. So loneliness for me is temporary.

Everyone struggles with loneliness at some point. Whether you are going through something hard that you don't think anyone else understands or you are facing a change in life where you just feel alone, God's Word provides hope and strength. There is someone who is closer than a brother and is always with You - Jesus Christ is our friend and comforter!

My Dad used to tell me after our mother passed away, he was loneliest on dreary days. It seems that the weather had something to do with it. It might be that it just isn't fit to get outside and the sunshine is not going to happen. For some reason I can understand what he was saying today. I used to call my Dad daily and check on him. But it was days like this when he would call first, or make a second call to tell me something that he forgot to say during our fist call. So friends if you have plenty of people around you, but for some reason this weather has you grumpy and you feel out of sorts, think about the person who is alone. Give them a call and brighten their day. It will also brighten yours. It might be that God is using you to heal the brokenhearted who just can't seem to find their way to Him. So He sent you to comfort them and show them the way.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment