Thursday, April 4, 2019

Save It For A Rainy Day 4/4/2019

Good Morning World,

My day began with a prayer of thanks and a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. Let's write!


Deuteronomy 32:2 New International Version (NIV)

    and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
    like abundant rain on tender plants.

Let my teaching fall like rain

I am not sure everyone has heard of the phrase "Save It For A Rainy Day". This is usually meant for the use of money. It means to save some money for a day with an unexpected expense. For instance that day in January when you realize  your house is very cold and you determine that you need a new furnace. The phrase depicts a rainy day as a day with misfortunes. .



I believe rainy days get a bad rap and I do just the opposite. Rene and I do save money for those days of unexpected troubles. But we also find rainy days profitable. There is always something that needs to be done in the house and we set aside some cash to do small improvements when the weather keeps us inside. A rainy day is a good day to catch up on some sleep if you don'y have to work. A rainy day gives you a free car wash. A rainy day often finds me binge reading my Bible. I have had some of my best talks with God on a rainy day. A rainy day is a good day for soup and crackers. A rainy day saves me from watering the garden. It waters the apple trees as well as the flowers.

You see, besides some cashed saved, I save some things to do on a rainy day. So if it is nice outside get out and work in the yard and save that paper shredding for a rainy day!

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment