Sunday, March 31, 2019

Saying Goodbye Isn't Easy 3/31/2019

Good Morning World!

I just finished a cup of Door County Chocolate Covered Strawberry Coffee and It's time to write. I hope this Sunday morning finds you in a tub full of happiness and joy.

Philippians 4:11-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.



Our daughter just left for the airport after a fast breakfast of sausages, coffee and fresh bread rolls. She came in from Florida for a three day visit that seemed to pass by like they were one day.This last year has not afforded us our annual week long visit in December due to health reasons on my end. I always just took those visits for granted until it did not happen this year. My knee replacements went very well but I did not count on not being able to fly in a plane for months. My plan was to visit while recovering. Then my plan was to fly in for the graduation spend three days and enjoy a visit. But then came the retinal detachment and I am grounded from flying again. Our visiting time will be spent driving.

In three days we crammed in some great food, serious talk and some humorous banter and memories.  This morning all three of us were up at 4:AM to have that one last cup of coffee and perform the inevitable "goodbye". The visits are never long enough and saying farewell gets harder with age. I thought it was harder when she was younger, but not as tough as it is now. We will be seeing her again in May when we all celebrate our grandson's high school graduation. That also will be a whirlwind trip due to work schedules.

My wife Rene announced that she will also retire in May and that she will be visiting Kristy more often while she waits for my retirement to happen. She said this morning that the goodbye's will be easier for her when they are more frequent. Rene said " Visit more, the family makeup is always changing as well as circumstances"

So here is my point. I don't know what the future has in store  just like everyone else. I know Who holds the future. So I will continue plan visits and be satisfied if God wills that they happen or don't happen. We need to be content waiting on God to grant the things we desire and if He doesn't we need to stay content. He knows my heart and He grounded me for a reason. In due time I will know why or maybe I won't. So today as I said so long, I asked God to heal a hurting heart. He did, and I will pass this along to all of you. Visit while you can, you never know when you will be grounded.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment