Thursday, March 7, 2019

Chicken And Chips With A Recipe 3/7/2019

Good Morning World!

I am coming to you well rested today. This week has been a long one so far. After my prayer time this morning  I enjoyed a cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. Now it is time to write.



I pay attention while grocery shopping. I guess you could say that I am a little nosey. When you check out at the store if you are like me, there is always someone ahead of you in the line. You can't help but see what they are placing on the belt line to purchase.

Philippians 2:14-16 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

I was watching one lady place item after item on the line. But all the items were "heat and eat" fast food. I mentioned this to a young friend of mine at work and she replied, that it's not odd to see people shop for those items. "Many families are so busy that there isn't time to cook a meal. It's microwave meals or things that can be made in the oven within less than a hour." She also told me that "kids today are different. Each kid prefers different things and it's easier to provide a variety." I said "you mean kids are fussier now." She gave me an emphatic "NO!! Many families like to offer choices and this allows kids to be different".
Mom becomes a chaotic short order cook. I wonder how long that takes???

Well now, when I was a child, you ate what was on the table at the time. You did have three options though. You could go to bed hungry. Sit there until you ate. Or save it for breakfast. But you were going to eat it. When I train a mission team to go to a different country, my mother's rules are followed. No grumbling, and eat what is before you. Don't offend the cook by being fussy.

I do 95% of the cooking for Rene and me. Rene never complains and always says thank you for the meal. She was raised the same way I was. I looked up some of my quick but homemade recipes and  found that many of them are prepared in 20 minutes and finished under an hour.

I think we owe it to the future world to train kids to do things without expecting too many choices and to eat without complaining. I believe this also prepares people to deal with changes that come along. Life doesn't always go "Your Way".

I decided to add a recipe after I sign off to prove my point. Quick and tasty

God bless,

Marty

Chicken And Chips

1 can 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted.
1 cup 8oz sour cream.
2 tablespoons taco sauce
1/4 cup chopped green chilies
3 cups cubed cooked chicken. This can be boiled the night before.
12 slices Cheddar cheese.
4 cups broken tortilla chips  ( not crushed)

I a bowl combine the soup, sour cream, taco sauce and chilies. In an ungreased shallow 2 quart baking dish layer half of the chicken, soup mixture, cheese nad tortilla chips. Repeat the layers.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serves four.

I always serve this with a large family style bowl of salad or coleslaw.



No comments:

Post a Comment