Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Duty Of Prayer 3/24/2019

Good Morning World!

I started the day early and I am going into work for a short time.  My coffee today is a rerun from yesterday/ I felt like drinking Door County Dublin's Delight again today. It was a wise choice.


I am going to write about prayer for the next three days. I hope to inspire all of us to up our game a little in the prayer department during this series.

1Tmothy 2:1
 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;

As we see in the Scripture above we are asked, or begged to pray for one another. We are encouraged to make the sacrifice of time and effort to pray unselfishly for others. I believe that there are many people who practice this belief. I am afraid however that there are too many Christians who don't. We have become a people of convenience prayer. "I will pray for you" although a good answer is often forgotten later and never accomplished. What is wrong with "Let's pray now and I will continue to do so."

Don't be the lazy "Prayer Warrior". Have a "Get It Done Attitude"  Praying with someone let's them know, you care, you love them and that the prayer was actually sent to God.


Think this one through. Are you a warrior that jumps into battle, or are you one who takes a break first, while people go along needing the prayer until you get around to it?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment