Monday, March 18, 2019

Monday Monday Monday 3/19/2019

Good Morning World,

The week has begun right on time and ours looks to be nice and dry with steadily warming temperatures. I just poured a cup of Door County Cheery Creme Coffee and I am enjoying it immensely.


Psalm 118:24 New King James Version (NKJV)

24 This is the day the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Right after each weekend and especially a weekend that we either work too hard, or play too hard or just do something fun, Monday comes and the distance between it and Friday seems like a long trip across a desert without water or food. We all enjoy those weekends when we can do what we want, or relax, attend church and in general recharge. But they end and we move into Monday a little crabby.

But life can't be all weekends. God gave us seven days and Monday takes some hard hits in the popularity scores.



So I have developed a plan for Mondays. I go to work. I see people that I did not see on the weekend. I value a paycheck and that starts on Monday. I study Monday night for our Bible Study on Tuesday. We enjoy eating left overs, but that never happens on Monday. The food would be left over from the weekend and might trigger a bout of nostalgia. We treat Monday as the beginning of the rest of the week. Without Mondays , Tuesday would be receiving a bum rap. We plan fresh food for Mondays, eating salads or comfort foods of our choice.

We tend to eat outside on Mondays when the weather permits it, making that night special. I will make a phone call to a friend or family and correspond on Monday nights. I use Monday nights to pay the bills, plan vacations, train the dog or work on wood restoration projects.

Knowing this plan on Sunday helps me to feel better about Monday and the fact that the weekend is over.

Most of all I try to consider each day as a blessing and a gift from God.  It is a day like the others and it can't be used as an excuse for not being a blessing to others. So today is Monday, not Friday. It is a day given to us and we need to make it count.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment