Saturday, March 30, 2019

Lessons From Mom And Dad


Good Morning World!

I prayed as I wrote this for whoever would be reading today. I am drinking some Door County Irish Creme Coffee to start the day.



As Spring approaches I have been thinking about my parents. Both of my parents passed away some years ago now. I started thinking about some of the things I learned from them. I imagine you too can recall some of the lessons learned from your parents or grandparents.

One of the first things we learned was to say please and thank you. As I was shopping the other day at a local grocery store I of course had to pay  for my groceries. I spent just a little under $200. I was given the amount to pay. Paid in full. Then it happened!!!!!!! What you say? Well actually nothing happened. The check out person asked the next customer in line if they had a "rewards card or coupons". Not a thank you did I receive for spending my money there and keeping that clerk employed.

Exodus 20:12

New International Version (NIV)
12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
I believe we can honor our parents by doing the good things they taught us no matter our age. One really does not out grow goodness. 
If we are to put Christ back into schools and the world shouldn't we practice what He and our parents taught us?

Luke 6:31

New International Version (NIV)
31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Have a blessed day.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment